Thursday 4 June 2020

Spring break and Summer Term PPD

The weekend after the end of term offered me an opportunity to attend a Get into Teaching event at Saint Mary's University in Twickenham, where I took the handouts below.

In addition I took some shots of the lecture:




The lecture was useful and given by a former secondary school teacher with years of experience in the state sector.

19th March I sold one of my paintings at The People Hive below is a copy of the text of the confirmation email.

Hello Tristram,
Just confirming our conversation of a few minutes ago that you agreed to reduce the selling price of this picture from £100 to £60, that being an offer made by one of our customers.

The new price will still attract our normal 30% commission.

Best Regards G.

Hello G.
Yes I can confirm that I agree to sell the painting for £60.
Regards Tristram
The painting was a small canvas that I had produced in 2010
Richmond Bridge, oil on canvas

UCAS PGCE APPLICATION and alternatives to teaching in secondary school.


I have already started my application UCAS application to start a PGCE course in September.
However I have been looking at other options, including teaching in Further education, taking a qualification in teaching in a museum setting or teaching adults for leisure. I looked into this  last option before Lockdown and sat an English exam at the  college during an open day and picked up an application form, please see below.
The chit is the pass certificate for the English test.

No comments:

Post a Comment