Sunday 19 April 2020

Other artists who use bunkers and a series of shots from the Netherlands, that involved trespassing

This is a photograph by an artist named Jonathon Andrew, I like his work because he seems to capture both the menace and the strange melancholic feeling of these structures. While doing online research about Cuckmere haven during World War 2 I found an entire online culture dedicated to exploring and photographing these structures.
Because many of these structure are on private land,  in order to get close to them abit of trespassing is sometimes involved this was the case for me in the Netherlands in August last year when I took these pictures. The blue sign on the far left says No Entry in Dutch, while I broke the letter of the law by climbing over some rusted barbed wire I did damage the structures which ultimately is what regulations about trespass refer to.




No comments:

Post a Comment