Wednesday 27 May 2020

Exhibitions visited before and after lockdown

In January I visited the William Blake exhibition at Tate Britain. Which I enjoyed because of his amazing penmanship. Below are some photos I took in addition to buying the book of the exhibition.



I particularity enjoyed the sense of dread and discord in Blake's work. The image above illustrates that element in his work well.
The other exhibition that I went to in February this year could not have been more different in terms of both scale, attendance and public awareness it took place in Orleans House Gallery: please see link for details. https://www.orleanshousegallery.org/
This exhibition was a collection of self taught and so called outsider art, a term I get abit irriated by because I am on the Autistic spectrum myself.
The gallery produced no catalogue for the event and very little in the way of publicity, I literally walked in off the street and found a really diverse collection of works including a bizarre yet well executed landscape. In addition to a finely detailed made up cityscape. See below, and apologies for the poor quality of the shots.

I also made use of Google Arts and Culture tool to look at the collection at the RijksMuseum in Amsterdam. Covid 19 allowing I plan to visit the museum in person in the next year or two.
Here is the link to the collection. https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/rijksmuseum
I had some difficulty navigating through the museum, however that had more to do with the limitations of my laptop than the museum's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment