Tuesday 26 May 2020

Sketches and paintings from August 2019 to the present.

The works below represent the work that will go into my Exhibition Proposal document.



A preliminary painting of theCuckmere bunker underway in my studio space in my flat, in early May 2020 





A picture of the small Martello tower painting in progress in November 2019






A sketch of Cuckmere Haven from last year.

A sketch of Pevensey Castle from September last year
Featured below are some photos from the 1950's that I found interesting and my drawn response to them.



The three photographs were taken in Las Vegas during the series of nuclear weapons tests in the 50's my response was to do the sketch, pictured above. The burned or burning figures were an attempt (that didn't work) to juxtapose the reality of nuclear weapons, that is that what they mainly do to people or living things nearby is burn them and the bizarre glamour of the black and white photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment